Tuesday, November 23, 2004

But I don't want turkey...!

Its that time of year again...where we eat, and eat, and eat some more, until we're stuffed so full that no one, especially me, wants to look at roasted bird again for some time. Everything we eat here seems so bland now that i've gotten older yet I really don't want to add some unknown substance to my food to make it taste better. So i'm stuck eating the same bland stuff with, if i'm not away at college, the same people at the same location.

So what can I do to liven up my holiday menu? I've got a few ideas, mostly dealing with food nabbed from the chinese take out I work at. I could pour some firecracker chicken sauce or some honey teriaki sauce on the turket to liven it up. Instead of uber-heavy weight stuffing I could secretly stuff the insides of the bird with fried rice....or I could just bring some root beer to wash away the bland taste. *sigh*

A side note to any of you who bother to read my fanfiction. (I doubt there's more then one out there) I will update here shortly, probably during this break if I can spare the time between family, homework, work, and...turkey. I know its been a long time, probably something like 2 months, but blame that on school and work, not me.

No comments: