Thursday, October 13, 2005

See This Look? It's Called Pain...


I have to be a glutton for punishment. Got the snot beat out of me in TKD again today. Thursdays are the day we do full contact sparring. Now I didn't join this class to learn how to fight as a sport, I joined for the physical and mental concentration that comes from learning your forms and staying in shape. Unfortunately for me the class is geared to prepare you for the twice a year tournys that they have here in oregon. They don't expect you to go but they prep you more for that then for self defense etc. Anyway...went up against the 2 highest belts in the class outside of the teacher and 2 of the top ten in the class. They left me with blisters, faint bruises, and a limp that still hasn't faded away. But it was a learning experience for me. Now I know to possition myself better in line so I can avoid the higher belts.

Should be getting my first paycheck tomorrow. After three weeks of work I really need a reminder of why i'm doing this. Over 300 dollars in my pocket will help remind me very well. It can't come soon enough. Yet it seems to already be burning a hole in my pocket. I've begun noticing more things that I think/feel I need. Most of them are just plain out stupid and won't get past the 'i wish' point but there are a few that need some more consideration. I intend to keep a tighter reign on my money now that i'll be pulling in more then i've ever gotten from one job.

The rain has returned to the Northwest after a very long dry summer. I've really missed the wet and dark. Gives me more of a reason to stay indoors. Plus it feeds that bit of melancholy and keeps it from getting out of hand. The comforters have appeared on beds, heavier clothing has pushed the light summer wear out of the way in my closet, and biking to work has begun to look less and less inviting. Thus my families increased interest in getting me a car. We're looking at several early to mid 90s hondas. I must admit that the idea of getting one is really getting to me now that there's actually a very real chance for one. Now every time I have to take the bus or use my bike when its cold or wet I end up telling myself that car can't come soon enough. Hopefully I won't have to wait much longer. Wonder what i'll name it...

No comments: