Monday, February 04, 2008

Uh huh...No I'm Listening...


Is it so hard to listen attentively to someone? Or even LOOK like you're listening attentively? I try to listen to anyone who's speaking to me. I make an effort to listen and act and look like I am. But it seems like I don't deserve the same respect in return. A good chunk of the people I talk to each day seem to loose interest if I talk for more than five seconds. Even my friends have this disturbing tendancy. Even the Fiance does this on occasion. Now I know no one is perfect and that some topics just don't catch your interest. Some people's idea of "paying attention" also differ radically from my own. And some people can really talk...alot. Still...make an effort people. It's the polite thing to do and if you're doing it to me I can assure you that my mental scoreboard will be docking points. And if you do it enough I WILL let you know it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please tell me you're going to finish your Naruto fic "Loss Innocence Resounding". It's a good fic and I'd like to see how it turns out.

Contact me at skullvalkerie4@cox.net